Before you start creating social media content, it’s important to have a plan in place. This will help ensure that your content is on brand and aligned with your overall marketing goals. Here are five easy steps to creating a social media content plan:
Easy Steps for Making a Social Media Content Plan:
1. Decide which platforms you will use.
2. Set your goals.
3. Gather information and content ideas.
4. Create a calendar.
5. Implement and monitor your plan.
Now let’s break each of these steps down so you can create a content plan that works for you and your business.
1. Decide which platforms you will use: Not all social media platforms are created equal. It would be impossible (and quite frankly, a waste of time) to try to be active on all of them. So the first step is to decide which ones make the most sense for you and your business. If you’re not sure where to start, consider these questions:
Which platform does my target audience use the most? Will allow me to reach my goals? Most comfortable using?
2. Set your goals: Once you’ve decided which platforms you’ll be using, it’s time to set some goals. Do you want to increase brand awareness? drive traffic to your website? increase online sales? The sky’s the limit here, but it’s important to be specific so you can measure your success.
3. Gather information and content ideas: Now that you know what you want to achieve, it’s time to start collecting content ideas that will help you get there. This is where social listening comes in handy.
By using tools like Hootsuite Insights, you can track mentions of your brand, see what people are saying about your industry, and get real-time feedback on your own social media campaigns.
You can also use Google Alerts to stay up-to-date on news related to your brand or industry. Once you have a good understanding of what people are talking about, you can start creating content that resonates with them.
4. Create a calendar: Now it’s time to put all of your hard work into a content calendar. This doesn’t have to be anything fancy—a simple spreadsheet will do the trick—but it should include all of the important details about each piece of content, such as the title, publish date, target audience, call-to-action, etc.
Having everything in one place will make it much easier for you to stay organised and on track with your social media campaigns.
5. Implement and monitor your plan: The final step is to implement and monitor your plan. This is where tools like Hootsuite come in handy—they allow you to schedule and publish content, track who’s talking about your brand, and measure your performance over time so you can make necessary adjustments to improve results.
There you have it!
By doing these five easy things, you can make a social media content plan that will help you reach any goal you can think of.